The Ward Homes Customer Service Charter
We put the same high standards of care and attention into looking after our customers as we do into building our homes.
In building, solid foundations are a must - we think they're just as important in Customer Care. That's why we lay out our commitments to you firmly, in our Customer Service Charter.
We'll help you by providing you with:
1. Detailed information about your new home and our customer service.
Prior to exchange of contracts we will review with you:
- Terms of sale including price
- Details of your new home including garden or plot and communal areas, location and site layout
- Floor plans with approximate room sizes marked.Summary details of the type of the construction
- Fixtures and fittings to be included. Type of heating system
- Kitchen and bathroom layouts
- Advice on items we anticipate may not be fully finished before you complete your purchase, such as footpaths and landscaping
2. Assistance with choices and options available to you.
Every Ward home is offered with a range of fixtures and fittings by leading manufacturers.
Our experienced sales team can help you make the right design choices to personalise your new home. Precisely what is available will depend on the stage of construction of your new home when you buy it.
3. Regular updates about the progress of construction, legal completion and occupation dates (our best estimate).
We will keep in regular contact and advise you of progress on your new home. When you first reserve we will give you our best estimate of when your new home will be ready. Approximately one month before you move in, we will write to you confirming when we anticipate your home will be ready, which will assist you with making arrangements for your move. The exact date will be fixed when we give you our formal 10 Working Day Notice to Complete.
4. A demonstration of your new home's many features before you move in.
Once your home is ready we will invite you to attend your New Home Tour and Demonstration. This is a major event, when we demonstrate your new home to you, ensuring that when you move in you know where everything is and how it works. Amongst other things we will explain:
- How to operate the central heating, hot water and any other systems.
- Where the main switches, consumer unit and stopcock are located.
- How to 'run in' in your new home.
- How to maintain your new home. How the warranties and guarantee work.
- How our Customer Service procedures work.
5. Your own Home File and Move in File to guide you through all the different stages of buying a new home and running-in and maintaining it.
Our experienced sales teams are available to give you support and advice throughout the buying process and in addition we will give you these two practical guides which explain the different stages of homebuying and contain useful checklists and details of our Customer Service procedures.
6. Advice on the NHBC's 10 Year Buildmark warranty and manufacturers' warranties from which you will benefit, plus details of our 2 Year Warranty.
Our homes come with a NHBC 10 year Buildmark Warranty – this means we have complied with the NHBC Standards which set out the technical requirements for design, materials and workmanship in new home construction. This is just one of the added benefits of buying a new home. Choose your dream home and you can move with confidence.
The 10 year warranty cover comes in two parts, here’s how it works:
• Part 1: 10 year structural warranty. Your new home comes with a 10 year structural warranty, meaning that the cost of fixing any damage caused by faults in specified parts of the home, usually the structural and weatherproofing elements is covered.
• Part 2: 2 year fixtures and fittings warranty. During the first two years, you have the added reassurance that if something goes wrong within your home, and is covered by the 2 year fixtures and fittings warranty, we will make sure it is put right.
7. A helpful and efficient After Sales Service within defined response times, including our 2 year out of hours emergency service cover.
Although we hope there will be no problems after you have moved into your new home, our commitment to you continues for five years after the sale has been completed. We will give you details of who to contact about any emergency service requests.
To enable us to respond within the timescales shown below, it is absolutely essential that you follow our service procedures. For non emergencies this starts with you directly contacting your Customer Service department.
In the unlikely event of an emergency, we provide a 24 hour, 365 day service for a full two years. We aim to respond as soon as possible, usually within 2 hours, and arrange for an emergency visit where appropriate.For non-emergency service requests, please contact our Customer Service department. We aim to respond within one working day to assess and then agree a timescale.
For non-urgent labour-only items, once we have completed our assessment we will endeavour to undertake work within seven working days. If materials are required, it may take up to 28 working days to undertake the work, but less if at all possible. We will agree a timetable with you once supply dates are known.
While we repair defects in your home under the terms of the Buildmark Cover, you are responsible for wear and tear, decorating and routine maintenance. We are not responsible for problems caused by these items.
8. We will provide our customers with Health & Safety advice to minimise the risk of danger during construction.
The safety and wellbeing of you and your family is of paramount importance to us. A building site can be a dangerous place, especially for children who may see it as an adventure playground. With this in mind, please follow this guidance when on site:
Unaccompanied visits to construction areas are not allowed under health & safety regulations for any reason – access can only be arranged through your sales consultant.
Fully comply with advice given by your sales consultant.
Always wear the safety helmet and any other protective equipment provided. Keep a safe distance from construction activity. Ensure that children are under your control and are not allowed access to the site.
9. Ward Homes Future Purchase Entitlement.
We appreciate that you have only just moved in, but when you do get to the stage when you feel you would like to move again, it is worth remembering that you can benefit from your future purchase entitlement, if you choose another Ward, Barratt or David Wilson home.
As time goes by families grow, needs change and jobs move. Ward Homes can help by offering a wide range of new homes in locations throughout Kent. Your Ward Homes Future Purchase Entitlement enables you to claim a discount at the time of reserving your new Ward home. It will be provided to you shortly after you move in. Keep it in a safe place!
10. A satisfaction survey so you can tell us how we are performing...
...and contact details if you feel you have not received the service you should have. In the unlikely event that you are dissatisfied with any aspect of the service you have received from us under our Charter, please see our Complaints Procedure and the Consumer Code for Home Builders and redress scheme.
†First 2 years covered by Builder Warranty & NHBC Guarantee or similar. Years 3-10 covered by NHBC insurance or similar. Full exclusions and limitations can be found on the NHBC website. Available on virtually all of our developments.